Please review general Registration Information here.
Please review CEU information here.
CUES will be available through the AAC Institute.
Making AT for Employment
October 14, 2022, 9:00-4:00
Presented by Therese Willkomm
This workshop will discuss and demonstrate over 70 different worksite adaptations that can be made to support employees with disabilities. Each participant will fabricate five different devices that can be used in the workplace that are adjustable, collapsible, reusable, and portable.
- Learn how to create a rapid problem solver kit for the workplace.
- Create simple holding and stabilizing jigs for performing work tasks for physical, sensory or cognitive impairments.
- Explore worksite accommodations in a minute using specialty tapes.
- Create mounting and stabilizing solutions on the fly.
- Learn rapid prototyping tips and techniques to figure out was will and will not work.
- Creating self-regulation devices and modifications to reduce anxiety, increase focus, decrease distractions.
- Create a multi use Slantboard, lap board, vertical iPad holder, Eye gaze Holder, Book holder, page holder, document holder, cellphone holder, page stabilizer, cell phone holder, and portable scan and read station.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify at least 10 different worksite accommodations I can be made in five minutes or less.
- Identify at least five different tools and materials that can be used for creating worksite adaptations in minutes.
- Identify at least five different jigs to accommodate for function limitations in the workplace.
MORE WORKSHOPS TO COME…