Full Day Pre-Conference: Thursday, November 29, 2018 8:30 am – 3:30 pm
Conference: Friday, November 30, 2018 8:00 am-3:30 pm
Crowne Plaza Hotel and Conference Center, Warwick, RI
You are invited to submit proposals for full day and/or 75 minute presentations.
Our 2017 survey respondents requested more information/sessions on: Higher Education, Transition/Vocational Rehabilitation, Blind/Low Vision Technologies & Strategies, and Employment Technologies & Strategies in addition to the topics we typically cover. We also strongly encourage users of AT/AAC to submit and share their experiences with our attendees.
Final submission deadline: May 11, 2018. Presenters selected will be notified by May 31, 2018.
- Submissions for Pre-Conference workshops are expected to be full day. If you require a stipend, please indicate the amount on the Submission Form.
- Conference submissions should fit into a 75-minute format.
- Presenters are encouraged to submit more than one proposal.
- All Pre-Conference presenters will receive free admission, up to 2 presenters, for November 30th. Additional presenters will receive a discounted rate.
- All Conference presenters will be able to register for a pre-conference workshop on the 29th, at a discounted rate. They will also receive free conference registration for the 30th, up to 2 presenters. Additional presenters will be able to register at a discounted rate.
Proposals must be received by the final submission deadline to be considered. Submission of a proposal does not guarantee acceptance. Submissions must include the following to be considered:
- Title of your presentation – be sure that the title reflects the main focus area.
- Identify the presentation level: Basic, Intermediate or Advanced.
- Provide lead presenter’s name, title, company/organization/professional affiliation (if applicable), address, telephone, fax number and e-mail.
- Provide names, titles, affiliations, and e-mail addresses for additional presenters (no more than three).
- Submit a 100-200 word description of your presentation, including: Learner objectives/outcomes, the knowledge and/or skills attendees can expect to gain, and any additional information that you feel helps to describe your session.
- Provide a brief professional or personal biography for each presenter (50 words, max).
- Indicate the target audience(s) – Early childhood, K-12, Higher education, Adult services, Elder services, Rehabilitation, or other (please describe).
- Indicate subject areas for presentation.
- Indicate any accessibility needs that you may have.
- Include any other necessary information in a Comments section at the end of your proposal.
(Please contact us if you do not receive a confirmation e-mail for your submission within 24 hours)
If you have any questions, please contact the ATCNE Program Chair, Matthew Provost, at matthewp@techaccess-ri-org, or 401-463-0202.