2017 CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS
Pre-Conference: Thursday, November 16, 2017 8:30 am – 3:30 pm
Conference: Friday, November 17, 2017 8:30 am-3:30 pm
Crowne Plaza Hotel and Conference Center, Warwick, RI
Established in 1988, Rhode Island’s statewide and regional conference on assistive technology has highlighted the important role that technology plays to support equity and inclusion in the lives of children and adults with disabilities.
You are invited to submit proposals for full day and/or 75 minute presentations.
Final submission deadline: May 13, 2017. Presenters selected will be notified by May 20, 2017.
- Submissions for Pre-Conference workshops are expected to be full day. If you require a stipend, please indicate the amount on the Submission Form.
- Conference submissions should fit into a 75-minute format.
- Presenters are encouraged to submit more than one proposal.
- All Pre-Conference presenters will receive free admission, up to 2 presenters, for the November 17th Additional presenters will receive a discounted rate.
- All Conference presenters will be able to register for a pre-conference workshop on the 16th, at a discounted rate. They will also receive free conference registration on the 17th, up to 2 presenters. Additional presenters will be able to register at a discounted rate.
Proposals must be received by the final submission deadline to be considered. Submission of a proposal does not guarantee acceptance. Submissions must include the following to be considered:
- Title of your presentation – be sure that the title reflects the main focus area.
- Identify the presentation level: Basic, Intermediate or Advanced.
- Provide lead presenter’s name, title, company/organization/professional affiliation (if applicable), address, telephone, fax number and e-mail.
- Provide names, titles, affiliations, and e-mail addresses for additional presenters (no more than three).
- Submit a 100-200 word description of your presentation, including:
- Learner objectives/outcomes, the knowledge and/or skills attendees can expect to gain, and any additional information that you feel helps to describe your session.
- Provide a brief professional or personal biography for each presenter (50 words, max).
- Indicate the target audience(s) – Early childhood, K-12, Higher education, Adult services, Elder services, Rehabilitation, or other (please describe).
- Indicate any accessibility needs that you may have.
- Include any other necessary information in a Comments section at the end of your proposal.
(Please contact us if you do not receive a confirmation e-mail for your submission within 24 hours)
If you have any questions, please contact the ATCNE Program Chair, Matthew Provost, at matthewp@techaccess-ri-org, or 401-463-0202.